Services are intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the age
of 18 are not permitted to use or register for the Services.
other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws) and treaties in the United
States and around the world.
- access the Services; and
- download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access.
aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded,
translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited
for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written
- confirm that you have read and agree with our “PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES” and will not post, send, publish, upload, or transmit through the Services any Submission that is illegal, harassing, hateful, harmful, defamatory, obscene, bullying, abusive, discriminatory, threatening to any person or group, sexually explicit, false, inaccurate, deceitful, or misleading;
- to the extent permissible by applicable law, waive any and all moral rights to any such Submission;
- warrant that any such Submission are original to you or that you have the necessary rights and licenses to submit such Submissions and that you have full authority to grant us the above-mentioned rights in relation to your Submissions; and
- warrant and represent that your Submissions do not constitute confidential information.
minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside; (3) you will not access the Services through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script or
otherwise; (4) you will not use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose; and (5) your use of the Services will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Services to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Services, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Services and/or the Content contained therein.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Services.
- Use any information obtained from the Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Use the Services in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Services.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Services or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Services.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Services or the networks or services connected to the Services.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Services to you.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Services designed to prevent or restrict access to the Services, or any portion of the Services.
- Except as permitted by applicable law, decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Services.
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Services, or use or launch any unauthorized script or other software.
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Services.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use the Services as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Services and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- Use the Services to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
By using novavento.com, I understand and agree with the
following terms of service: I (hereafter referred to as “Member”, “User” or “Filmmaker”)
am submitting to novavento.com (hereafter referred to as “Company” or “Novavento.com”)
certain original creative property for the purposes of archival within
company’s secure database and hosted infrastructure. In doing so I understand
and agree with all of the terms and policies set forth by Novavento.com.
Company makes no claim or representation that archival of my creative works
within the website will prevent infringement by any third party that I myself
may have inadvertently or purposely exposed my creative works to. Company
provides only a passthrough of any creative material submitted to the website
to our partner companies. I understand and agree that it is my sole
responsibility to retain my own original copy of material submitted. Only upon
formal written request by a legal representative, arbitration panel, or court
order will the material be released in copy from our database with original
registration record, as to not compromise the integrity of our service and
negate the admissibility of the writers work as a piece of evidence in any
legal dispute or arbitration process needing to establish the most likely date
As a submitter to Novavento.com I understand that I may receive direct information
from Company in the form of a company newsletter or other industry related
items. Company will not release, trade or sell my email address or registration
information to any third party. I understand that within an industry of
organized creative forces, it is common for multiple entities to create similar
or identical concepts, stories, scripts or other intellectual properties at the
same or different times. I understand and agree that the Company is in no way
responsible for or in knowledge of the contents of any material submitted for
I acknowledge that I am pitching or submitting to Novavento.com for consideration by industry representatives taking part (hereinafter referred to as “they” or “them”) herewith the following material (i.e. pitches, scripts, screenplays film, synopses, log-lines, executive summaries or any other material in any other form) – hereinafter referred to as “said Material.”
I request that they read and evaluate said material, and they hereby agree to do so.
I warrant that I am the sole owner and author of said material, that I have the exclusive right and authority to submit or pitch the same to them upon the terms and conditions stated herein.
I will indemnify them and their clients of and from any and all claims, loss or liability (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may be asserted against them or any of their clients, or incurred by them or any of their clients, at any time in connection with said material or any use thereof.
I agree that any part of said material which does not in itself constitute protectable literary property may be used by them or any of their clients without any liability to me, and that nothing in this agreement nor the fact of my pitching/submitting of said material to them shall be deemed to place them in any different position than anyone else to whom I have not submitted or pitched said material with respect to any portion of said material which does not constitute protectable literary property.
I understand that neither Novavento.com, nor any of the industry representatives taking part, purchases literary properties as a general rule, and that if they were to do so, they would purchase said material through the established channels in the industry and not through a website such as this. I recognize that they and their clients have access to and/or may create or have created literary materials and ideas that may be similar or identical to said material in theme, plot, format or other respects. I agree that I will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use by them or any of their clients of any similar or identical material, which may have been independently created by them or any such client or may have come to them from any other independent source. I understand that no confidential relationship is established by my submitting or pitching the material to them.
I understand that they have adopted the policy, with respect to the unsolicited submission of ideas, pitches, or material, of refusing to accept, consider, or evaluate unsolicited material unless the person submitting such material has signed an agreement in a form substantially the same as this agreement. I specifically acknowledge that they would refuse to accept, consider, or otherwise evaluate my material in the absence of my acceptance of each and all of the provisions hereof.
I shall retain all right to submit this or similar story ideas to persons other than them.
They agree that if they use any legally protectable portion of said material, provided it has not been obtained by them from, or independently created by, another source, they will pay me an amount which is comparable to the compensation normally paid by them for similar material or an amount equal to the fair market value thereof as of the date of this agreement, whichever is greater. If we are unable to agree as to said amount, or in the event of any dispute concerning any alleged use of said material (e.g., whether they have used legally protectable portions thereof), or any other dispute arising out of or in connection with said material or with reference to this agreement, its validity, construction, performance, nonperformance, operation, breach, continuance, or termination, such dispute shall be submitted to arbitration.
Either party to this agreement may assign or license its or their rights hereunder, but such assignment or license shall not relieve such party of their or its obligations hereunder. It is agreed that this agreement shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their heirs, successors, representatives, assigns and licensees, and that any such heir, successor, representative, assign or licensee shall be deemed a third party beneficiary under this agreement.
I have retained at least one copy of said material, and I hereby release them of and from any and all liability for loss of, or damage to, the copies of said material submitted or pitched to them hereunder.
I enter into this agreement with the express understanding that they agree to read and evaluate said material in express reliance upon this agreement and my covenants, representations and warranties contained herein, and that in absence of such an agreement, they would not read or evaluate said material.
I hereby state that I have read and understand the terms of this agreement and that no oral representations of any kind have been made to me, and that this agreement states our entire understanding with reference to the subject matter hereof. Any modification or waiver of any part of the provisions of this agreement must be in writing and signed by all parties.
If more than one party is a co-submitter (or pitcher), then reference to “I” or “me” throughout this agreement shall apply to each party, jointly and severally.Should any provision or part of any provision be void or unenforceable, such provision or part thereof shall be deemed omitted in this agreement with such provision or part thereof omitted shall remain in full force and effect. This agreement at all times shall be construed so as to carry out the purposes hereof.
defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries,
affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, and
employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including
reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or
arising out of: (1) use of the Services; (2) breach of these Legal Terms; (3) any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in these Legal Terms; (4) your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights; or (5) any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Services with whom you connected via the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
certain data that you transmit to the Services for the purpose of managing the
performance of the Services, as well as data relating to your use of the Services. Although we perform regular routine backups
of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that
relates to any activity you have undertaken using the Services. You agree
that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such
data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such
loss or corruption of such data.
with us is not satisfactorily resolved, you can contact the Complaint
Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California
Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N
112, Sacramento, California 95834 or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916)